Sunday, November 27, 2011

A bit of fun in the middle of essays

So, it's my birthday in a couple of days, not that it really matters. 23 isn't really an important age. (Wow, I might be repeating myself from two post ago, lol). My older brother got me the box set of "Avatar The Last Air Bender". It's a kid's show - pretty deep storyline though. I'll probably watch it some time in the summer - winter break is reserved for study. Believe it or not, I plan to start some intense analysis of the medical use of tea is Sri Lanka and a few African countries, and dig a bit deeper into its use in India - also apparently cultivation there has evolved greatly since the 1860's (who'd have thought - there was only a cultural revolution!!!). Yay for lack of context when I first studied it...

Anyway, among all of my essays I drew a picture. No comic for this week yet. My ideas, max's ideas, and my dad's ideas are weak...really weak. And my dad wants me to have the last leaf of autumn say, "I ain't go'a fa'w on ma' knees no mo'." I get it. It's a blues joke and to the right audience it's adorable, but not to a bunch of 20-somethings who don't care what they're reading...And professors don't read the Ubyssey purposely. Max wants me to make a really bold statement of some kind - he just can't figure out what. And me - the best thing I can figure out is an octopus surrounded by shoes singing "poor unfortunate soles." Horrible.

Without further ado, a drawing for some teenage kid who I don't know:



He said it looked too cheerful. What an emo kid XD.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight. I feel like cleaning. I get that way sometimes when I feel anxious - that's probably why I drew the picture. There's only 5.5 hours until i'm supposed to be awake anyways. I heard that my dad wants to celebrate my birthday in the morning instead of on my actual birthday. Too bad I have an essay due the next day, a test the day after that, an argument do the day after that, and a presentation on thursday. I'll stick around long enough to be friendly - then I gotta sneak back into my lair.

No comments: