Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Essays! THE HORROR!

So i'm 12 pages down, with 24 pages to go of essays due this week. It wouldn't be so bad if two of the essays weren't on the vaguest of topics... bet you can't guess which class is annoying me this time.

Yup, you guessed it - Quebec history! 12 pages of writing worth 50% of my final grad are based on the questions:

Quebec History was influenced by both liberal and conservative principals and values in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Explain. (worth 30% of my final mark in 7 pages)

How revolutionary was the Quiet Revolution (worth the other 20% in 5 pages)

The prof gave us the topics of multiple essays worth 50% of our final grade when every other term-paper for every other class was due in the same week. When I become a professor, I'm NEVER going to do that. Seriously, here's my vow to never assign 50% of a final mark in the last week of class. Quote me on this!

In further news, I put up my academic blog on November 26. At the moment it's a compilation of my old essays, study cards, and projects for the history of medicine, science, and technology. I plan to expand it as my academic career continues. Who knows, there might even be some posts from China eventually. Oogiantheorem

Okay back to the study cave...

No comments: